Sunday, March 24, 2013

Brand New Day

It is a brand new day in la vida de mine.  I recently moved back to North Carolina after spend close to ten years in New Jersey.  When I started this blog I felt I was serious, but I allowed myself to be distracted by the minutia of life.  It was easy to maintain my horrible habits.  The only thing I can say that has been steadfastly awesome is my walking.  I love to walk.  In Jersey it was easy to walk from town to town.  I could do five plus miles a day.

Well since I am back in NC I have a bit of time to decompress and organize my life.  This morning I stumbled across an story done my ABC on a man who lost 100 lbs.  I loved the article because it was so practical, and it wasn't some super energized fitness bunny yelling at me and calling it motivation.  His main tactics were:
1) Walking (Physical Activity)
2) Cutting out white flour
3) Cutting out sugary drinks (i.e. soda and whatnot)
4) Pre-planning meals healty meals
5) Drinking water

I read it and am convinced that it is doable.  I know one of my major downfalls is the lack of planning, and shopping for the crap.  I know that if I stock up with the good stuff then when I do feel peckish then the good stuff will be on hand to eat.  So the issue is not understanding, it is doing.

I will keep you posted.  Let's say I'll do my best to keep you posted.

kam

No comments:

Post a Comment